Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been trying to move my realpresence group 500 unit from a dedicated/unfirewalled conncetion to a faster, but firewalled link and have found a problem.

When going through the firewall I can connect to another of my group 500 units (on a dedicated, non firewalled link) as an outgoing call no problem. Both systems connect fine and the connection is stable and good quality.

However when I then try and call the firewalled unit back the unit knows there's a call coming in and shows the calling unit's name but it cannot answer the call and establish audio and video links. 

I followed the instructions in this post from last year https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Realpresence-Group-500-sharing-external-IPs/m-p/100... and asked for the following ports to be forwarded on my firewall:

TCP 1720

TCP+UDP 3230 

3230 were the ports shown in my H.323 "use fixed ports" option, which I also enabled. I have not forwarded ports 80 or 443 as I don't want remote access. 

Am I missing out an obvious port? Does anyone have a basic, simple list of the ports required to allow an H.323 connection via a firewall?

1 REPLY 1
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.