Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope somebody who has deployed this using SCCM can help out, I have about 300 of these installations to do,

but would be great to set the server IP at install and import the license key but so far am unable to find what variables to pass to the msi.

hopefully there's a document I'm missing that details the parameters for deploying the RPDesktop.msi

the only options I have found are in the releasenotes for 3.1:

MSI Installation Command:
msiexec /qn /i <setup>.msi /l logfile

MSI Upgrade Command:
msiexec /qn /i <setup>.msi REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINSTALL=ALL /l logfile
When you upgrade the RealPresence Desktop application from an older version, you must include
this line to your command:
REINSTALLMODE=vomus REINSTALL=ALL
You should not include this line for the first time installation.

MSI Uninstallation Command:
msiexec /qn /x <setup>.msi

CMA deployment can take SBSERVERADDRESS and type, and I've tried these but have not had any luck with it being in the address. any advice would be great. is there a registry key or a xml file created i can copy over following installation with the server IP and the license key?

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am also looking for information on passing variables to RPDesktop during the installation that specify the DNS name of the RPRM server and force the RPDesktop client to use 'Enterprise' mode.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm not sure about enterprise mode, but the property needed to specify the server at install is now SBSERVER, not SBSERVERADDRESS.  If you use microsoft orca or a similar msi editor, you can see the new name in the registry table and that it's plopping a property variable SBSERVER in the registry for the key "CmaAddress".  So technically you have three ways to add your server address.  The first and probably easiest is to do something like this...

msiexec /i YOURMSI.msi /qn SBSERVER=prpd.yourdomain.com

The next alternative (which requires some msi editor) would be to add SBSERVER to the property table of the msi with the value you'd like, i.e. prpd.yourdomain.com.

Or the third alternative (which also requires an msi editor) would be to forego the variable and edit the Registry table and modify the value where you see [SBSERVER] and enter your server name or ip in the value field.

HP Recommended

Hello,

In the same boat but with much fewer deployments of this application. We have only three licenses for this product (desktop) that will be pushed to three different machines. I was hoping to create a nice, little Powershell that checks the computer name and drops in a key/license number depending upon the compuer name but there appears to be no way to do this? I see there is the ISX_SERIALNUM switch to use with msiexec but do not see anything for the activation key code.

Any help is much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.