Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I want to record audio and video from a Group700.

The RSS solution is too expensive.

Im thinking a DVR connected to RP700 HDMI Port might work

Can someone please confirm this and if i will get near/far end audio and video.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The only HDMI output port that does audio is output port one. If you to do recording you should use output port four. You can do a Component or Composite connection for video and dual RCA red and white for audio. 

HP Recommended

Dear Russell,

Could you please show us the "output port four" on RPG 700 Rear Panel ?

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

I am truly sorry. I over looked something when looking this up. I was talking about input number 4 there is not a video and audio output 4. Though what I did find is that the HDMI for video out put three can be setup for recording. I took a screen shot of the Web UI to show the options you can do for recording. According to the follow up info I found if you are doing HDMI for recording it will do audio and video. 

HP Recommended

Well I now know how to setup the RP700 to send audio/video to a recording source.

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

Refer to page 91 in link above - Reference Port Number 19/20

Then follow screenshot from russell to configure VC System.

Now i need to find a DVR that accepts a HDMI or VGA Input for Recording - Any Suggestions Known to work???

HP Recommended

Dear i am facing a problum of audio recording with Video on Moniror 3.

I am only receiving Video on ''Recording Device with Speaker amd content.

Same behaviuor on other setting i can only r

@Russell_Polycom wrote:

I am truly sorry. I over looked something when looking this up. I was talking about input number 4 there is not a video and audio output 4. Though what I did find is that the HDMI for video out put three can be setup for recording. I took a screen shot of the Web UI to show the options you can do for recording. According to the follow up info I found if you are doing HDMI for recording it will do audio and video. 

@Russell_Polycom wrote:

ecaord the video without audio.

HP Recommended

Dear i am facing a problum of audio recording with Video on Moniror 3.

I am only receiving Video on ''Recording Device with Speaker amd content.

Same behaviuor on other setting i can only record only Video without Audio.

@Russell_Polycom wrote:

@Russell_Polycom wrote:

ecaord the video without audio.

HP Recommended

I need  to know from group 700 can be i used for recoding through line output.

HP Recommended

Did you manage to find a solution?

HP Recommended

I have a suggestion, but it's not really what you're looking for.  But here goes anyway.  If you integrate the Group Series into a popular solution like Real Connect, Teams, Zoom, GoTo, Pexip, etc, then you can shift the recording issue out of the Group Series and onto the platform.  Recording a meeting from any of those services is a built in feature for most of them.  

However, recording a straight point-to-point call is not something I've thought about.  Probably easier to setup a camera and tri-pod in the meeting room.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.