Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi.

It seems like it's possible to register with Skype Online now. But it seems like it nessesary with a PolyCom RealPresence Touch device to use Skype?

Anyone who can confirm it's its nessary?

HP Recommended

Microsoft has not informed Polycom of their completiion of qualifications so as of now Polycom and Microsoft will not support this.  Once Polycom has received notification from Microsoft the Release notes will be updated.

Yes, by Microsoft requirements a Touch Control panel is required with O365 on-line and the touch will be an O365 experience and work-flow.

From the release notes for version 6.0:

New Skype Mode Interface for RealPresence Touch Device
When a RealPresence Group system is registered with Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015 Server, or Lync 2013 Server, and is paired with a RealPresence Touch device, you can use the RealPresence Touch in Skype Mode user interface. Note that Skype Mode must be enabled before you can register with Skype for Business Online; see Enable Microsoft® Skype Mode.

In Skype Mode, the RealPresence Group system local interface has limited operations. The following limitations apply to RealPresence Group Series systems when Skype mode is enabled:

● Users cannot use the remote control, Polycom Touch Control, the touch interface, or keyboard and mouse to control the RealPresence Group Series system.
● Users can still use the Polycom® SoundStation® IP 7000 to control the system.
● You cannot configure the left and right elements of the address bar.
● You cannot configure the user login for system access.
● You cannot enable Speed Dials, and favorites do not display on the home screen.

HP Recommended

I dug into this deeper yesterday.

IF the customer is part of the Microsoft TAP program they will be able to register to the O365 off-prem servers.  If they have an issue with it they will have to log tickets with Polycom via the beta web site.

HP Recommended

Hi,

We have Office 365.

We are using RPG 500 v6.0.1 and Touch with Skype interface enabled.

And we are able to register G500 with SkypefB Online.

Even we are able to share and see shared content both ways (from PC to G500 and from G500 to all PCs).

So it works. 

I have a question regarding Skype license which must be assigned to a Polycom resource mailbox.

There is no question if I have a spare Office 365 Busines license that includes Exchange and SkypefB services.

But if I have no spare license I would like to buy cheapest possible Office 365 license.

So I assume that I need minumum 2 licenses: Exchange service - for Exchange Calendar integration and SkypefB service - for calls to/from SkypefB clients.

Among Office 365 subscriptions I've found 2 cheap options that does include only services (no apps): 

1 option: Office 365 Business Essentials €4.20 user/month

Online versions of Office with email, instant messaging, HD video conferencing, plus 1 TB personal file storage and sharing. Does not include Office suite for PC or Mac. For businesses with up to 300 users.

Office 365 services included 

2 option: €3.40 user/month
Exchange Online Kiosk €1.70 user/month

Basic messaging and calendaring plan with Web email and POP access.

Office 365 services Microsoft Exchange
+
Skype for Business Online (Plan 1) €1.70 user/month

Unified communications plan that includes enterprise Instant Messaging; Presence and pc-to-pc audio and video calling capabilities.

Office 365 services Skype fore Business

Is the 2nd option enough or 1st option is necessary? Or maybe other more expensive full license is a must?

Thanks!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you say, do Polycom's Group codecs start  to support Skype For Business Online now? 

We have Group 300 with last SW 6.1 and want buy Lync license

HP Recommended

Hello Gazizov Marat,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Certain changes meant that we did not pass the Microsoft certification as of yet.

Only users registered via the Polycom TAP program can register to Office 365. You need to work with a Polycom sales Engineer and you will need a Polycom RP Touch.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.