Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I understand you need to purchase a license to upgrade the firmware version in HDX systems, if all I want is reinstall the same firmware version, do I need a license too?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The same licence you used for the current software will work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The same licence you used for the current software will work.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot Kendo, it worked, anyway, I still have the same problem I had before reinstalling the firmware, the HDX reboots to factory settings everytime I try to configure the SIP, any advice?

HP Recommended

That's an interesting issue.  We will need more info. What version of software are you running?

What SIP settings cause the reboot? Just turning on SIP or configuring server etc?

If the HDX is disconnected from the LAN and the SIP settings are configured does it boot?

We may need to get the system support package and a Wireshark trace to see what is doing.

Give Polycom Support a call and we will be glad to discuss this with you.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/Contact_Us.html

HP Recommended

Interesting indeed.

The whole scenario is like this: we performed a factory reset to recover a lost password, everything worked fine before this, but we needed to change the SIP server address configuration. The system reboots and we started the lan and network configuration, the gatekeeper register is succesful, now, after configuring the SIP service the system reboots again and will start in the language selection menu. This happened at least twice. Though if you only write down the server and proxy addresses nothing happens. Also, I tried using the old server address and the problem was the same. 

I did the same with two other codecs (factory reset and change sip configuration) and nothing failed.

I figured the factory reset had failed in some way so I reinstalled the firmware version (2.6.0-4740), after that I tried the SIP configuration but it happened again, reboots back to the languaje selection.

I didn't try the configuration whitout the LAN because I'm performing the configuration remotely, there's a person in site helping me with the LAN configuration. So... any thoughts?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.