Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[Reminder] Microsoft Online Device Registration with OAuth 2.0 via 3rd party Azure Application ID

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[Reminder] Microsoft Online Device Registration with OAuth 2.0 via 3rd party Azure Application ID

EDIT: OAuth 2.0 and third-party application ID: Timeline extended to July 15th, 2020 

techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/skype-for-b

Microsoft has announced changes related to the Microsoft Online device registration requirement.

This technical advisory addresses the change announced by Microsoft related to the Microsoft Online device registration requirement planned for January 15th, 2020.

This change impacts Poly devices registered for Skype for Business accounts

These changes affect Polycom compatible devices registered for Skype for Business accounts.

Deployment Type

Impact Statement

Skype for Business Online and/or Exchange Online

All phones must be updated and tenant admins must have approved phone partners App ID using the consent URL

Skype for Business and/or Exchange On-Premises Hybrid (With Modern Auth Deployed)

All phones must be updated and tenant admins must have approved phone partners App ID using the consent URL

Hybrid Modern Authentication against on-premises Microsoft workloads

All phones must be updated and tenant admins must have approved phone partners App ID using the consent URL. Note: Exchange must be 2016+

Skype for Business and/or Exchange On-Premises Hybrid (No Modern Auth)

No Impact

Skype for Business and/or Exchange On-Premises No Hybrid

No Impact

Before upgrading your Microsoft environment RealPresence Group Series to 6.2.1.1 or later, see the Technical Advisory for specific changes and actions required.

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1