Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our infrastructure consists of roughly 30 endpoints, mostly HDX 8000.    Over the past year we've started to notice a repeatable issue in almost all of our units.     For whatever reason they lose the ability to accept ( or even recognice ) and incoming call or to make an outgoing call.     When it happens, the units still allow connectivity via the web managment interface both from inside the LAN and outside, but don't even recgognize incoming calls eithier from a bridge or another individual endpoint.  

We have updated firmware and even physicaly replaced units due to upgrades, but this issue has become more and more prevalent.    Sometitmes the units need to be rebooted multiple times a day to solve the unresponsiveness to calls.    

We have made some network infrastructure changes, but not sure where we could even begin to look.  It's almost as if there is a "keep alive" issue on the firewall or something of that nature.   It happens frequently and on just about all units on our network.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hello

The video FAQ in this section covers this with an article.

Please utilise the FAQ

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.   I have read the video FAQ and cannot locate a Q/A spedific to my issue of intermittent unresponsiveness.    The units in question have ALL inboiund and outbound ports open so the fireall is not suspected as a problem at this time.   The units function fine until there is a undetermined period of inactivity and then they simply do not allow incoming or outgoing calls.  The web interface remains accessible, and we've chedked logs for heat issues, etc with nothing observed.     

If I"m missing an article in the FAQ directly related I apologize but I cannot seem to find it, if you have a direct URL that woudl be much appreciated.  

HP Recommended
Hello

There will not be a specific FAQ for every scenario but the FAQ explains how to use wireshark to capture the data and your network team can utilise this to determine the root cause

If this is not helping then the next step is to contact your POLYCOM reseller so they can assist or escalate into POLYCOM

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.