Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We purchased a used VSX8000 from Amazon recently, as ours got fried by power fluctuations, and no one seems to know the room password and security mode is enabled. I have tried the serial number with no luck.

I downloaded a manual for it that says on page 1-6:

If Security Mode is enabled, the room password is required to access the Reset System screen. If you forget the room password while the system is in Security Mode, contact your Polycom distributor or Polycom Technical Support.

I contacted Polycom Tech Support and they said to check here, as this model is no longer supported. Any suggestions besides getting a newer unit?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Factory reset the device to restore the default password which is the serial number.

HP Recommended

Can you tell me where the serial number is located on these units, and the number of characters it should be? I thought I read it is supposed to be 14 characters.  As I stated I have tried what I think is the serial number. On the bottom of the unit there is a, what looks like a factory Polycom sticker that has Model: VSX 8000 in the upper right portion of the sticker and in the lower right portion of the sticker there is a barcode and below the barcode is a 14 digit number 07898912550163. It does not say serial number, but I tried it anyways. There is also a sticker on the back of the unit, above the network jack, that says S/N 057B23. Also there is another number below a barcode there that has the characters 820525057B23N2. I am sure I tried it as well. I will attach a picture of each, if allowed.

HP Recommended

The serial number would be 14 digits.  There is another post in here explaining the serial numbers.

the one for your unit would be:  820525057B23N2

And after a factory reset that would be the password until you change it.

HP Recommended

I think your statement "And after a factory reset that would be the password until you change it" is where I am at. The previous owner apparently changed the password, as one would expect, and now the serial number will no longer work as the password to get into it to do the factory reset. Does that sound correct?

HP Recommended

Hello @robkoon81 ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A factory reset will return the unit into the same state as it left the factory i.e. reset any changed password and reset this to be the serial number as already outlined by my colleague.

If you are unable to use this then you have not reset to factory.

If all of this fails and you have completed the correct steps then the seller may have sold you a defective unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.