Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SSH Login on Polycom Devices

Occasional Visitor

SSH Login on Polycom Devices

Hi all, 

We have several Polycom devices on our network, we also have a Rapid7 vulnerability scanner which is run by our audit team. 

This scanner connects to our Polycom devices but fails to log in because it doesn't have credentials. It's trying to get in via SSH. 

A port scan shows that SSH is active, so how can I obtain the credentials for this SSH connection to allow the scanner to authenticate?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SSH Login on Polycom Devices

Hello @HMKUK,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It would really help us if you could tell us what kind of Polycom devices you are after?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Some are HDX7000, some are some say RealPresence Group 500 on them, hope this helps!

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @HMKUK,

I do not believe these products have an end user accessible SSH access. I am aware that they use telnet on port 23 and port 24 and to control the unit you would use port 24.

The Integrator reference manual has details on this and I believe the standard password would be its serial number usually starting with 82

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

The Admin Guides for specific systems generally contain remote access information, including SSH, if available.

http://support.polycom.com/content/support/North_America/USA/en/support/video.html

JoeV
Message 5 of 6
Occasional Visitor

SSH can be enabled/disabled at least from Group Series. The account seems to be the same account you can enable for remote http(s) access of the unit. 

Pete
Message 6 of 6