Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Seeking advice on Group Series Auto Updates

Advisor

Seeking advice on Group Series Auto Updates

Can anyone comment on the auto update experience on Group Series units?  I'm interested in using it to keep my small number of Group Series Units up to date (currently 4 units).  I have performed USB upgrades a few times now - and find them to be reliable - and prefer them to over the air (OTA).  But they still require physical action as well as physical presence, which isn't always possible for remote offices.  Plus, I haven't figured out how to receive notification that an update is available. 

I'm turning it on on my 310 - which is fully up to date right now as of 11/1/19 and am going to wait and see.  But would appreciate anyone's comments who has done this already. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Seeking advice on Group Series Auto Updates

Hello @Adam in DC ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I just added this to the Video FAQ:

Mar 16, 2016 Question:Can I receive automatic notifications for software updates for Poly device?

Resolution:Either sign up for Support Notifications => here <= or Subscribe to the RSS feed => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2