Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Morning,

I had my polycom working on Comcast for years. Yesterday we had to reset the system. Well we forgot to take screen shots of the setup. I am now trying to setup the system again and it was  so long I forgot what we did. The other issue is that I am in Philly and the system is in Cali. I am trying to walk a non-IT person through this. The polycom is connected directly to the Comcast modem and we have a static IP address for it. I tried turning on the NAT settings with static IP in place and getting an internal IP automatically. This did not work, cannot reach it. Tried putting the Static IP in the LAN IPv4 settings with no firewall or NAT, this did not work.I am not sure if I am missing something, some silly check box. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fouond a backup image of the polycom and reimaged it. This worked and I am back up and running

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I just wanted to make sure I understand what is tiring to be done. When you setup the IPv4 static IP address are you tiring to use a static IP address to match the Comcast modem or a router that the modem could be connected to? 

HP Recommended

There is no router involved. It connects straight to the Comcast Modem The Static IP is a public IP from comcast.

HP Recommended

Do you get anything when the HDX is set to detect the IPv4 address automatically? Have you done a power cycle on the modem? Most modems don't need to have  a static IP address assigned to the devices they are connected to. 

HP Recommended

I fouond a backup image of the polycom and reimaged it. This worked and I am back up and running

HP Recommended

I would recommend that you get the profile of your systems and save them on a backed up computer to avoid this and if you need to swap hardware for any reason.  See the attached screen shot and refer to the Admin Guide for information on "Managing System Profiles with the Polycom HDX Web Interface"

HP Recommended

If you happen to see this message, could you provide screen shots of your configurations on your modem and HDX?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.