Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear community,

I am in the process of replacing our meeting Projectors with Large 70" Monitors and one of the things that I have realised is that the Polycom HDX 6000 - 7000 don`t seem to support share content at the new Monitors native resolution which is 1920x1080. Anything higher than 1024 x 768 will result in a black screen.  In the past it was not to evident on the Projectors because there native resoltion is 1280x 1080 but now on the new monitors the lower resoltion is very evident.

The setup I am trying to do is:

1: Desktop PC VGA (output) to Polycom DVI (input)

2: Polycom HDMI (output) to Monitor HDMI (input)

Are you able to advise if I am doing something wrong? and am I correct in reading that the fact sheet for the 6000 says it should display at higher resolution:

FACT SHEET

Content video resolution •

Resolutions supported: WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050), SXGA (1280 x 1024), HD (1280 x 720), XGA (1024 x 768), SVGA (800 x 600), VGA (640 x 480) • Output: 720p (1280 x 720), 1080 (1920 x 1080), XGA (1024 x 768), SVGA (800 x 600) • Content Sharing: People+Content 

Any help will be appresciated .

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You have probably run into HDCP, High Definition Content Protection.  You can look it up.  Your monitor is enforcing the HDCP and not allowing the content to be displayed.

Since their goal is to limit the transmission of protected content, and the goal of videoconferencing is to transmit content, the consortum for HDCP does not support the use of videoconferencing. 

If you connect using an analog input to the monitor you will probably not see the issue. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering. 

I guess the question is how do people get around this problem as I can only display the content at low resolution 1024 x 76. The also means that when I just need to use the desktop the resolution remains the same on a full hd panel because the pc output cannot display two different resolutions.  Surely this can`t be right and there has to be a best way to set this up.

Ideally I would want my PC to display at 1920x1080 and then the same for content sharing.  The only way I can get things to work is by connecting PC direct to the HDMI 1 and Polycom to HDMI 2 but this way I don`t get any share content.

How are you guys setup?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I solve this one of two ways.  I either use a scaler/switch that has mutiple outputs.  Feed from computer goes to scaler/switch and then to lcd monitor/projector and other output goes to codec.  I do this in larger rooms.  One room in particular has 4 different computers that are used as sources.  2 are located in rack and 2 are positioned in different areas of the room.

Other way is to do mutiple outputs out of the pc.  One output to the lcd monitor/projector and one to the codec. Am able to do this for some rooms as the PC is located in the equipment rack and is operated via wireless keyboard/mouse.

HP Recommended

Hi jkampert,

Can you advse how you setup the PCs in your second scenario?

I have a similar issue to the OP and am trying to have the same image on the 2 screens at once.  Windows only allows one resolution to be set for both devices therefore restricting us to 720p on a 1080p screen.

I think the scaler is the solution here for the second output, but I was wonder how you have it?

Thanks

@jkamper1 wrote:

I solve this one of two ways.  I either use a scaler/switch that has mutiple outputs.  Feed from computer goes to scaler/switch and then to lcd monitor/projector and other output goes to codec.  I do this in larger rooms.  One room in particular has 4 different computers that are used as sources.  2 are located in rack and 2 are positioned in different areas of the room.

Other way is to do mutiple outputs out of the pc.  One output to the lcd monitor/projector and one to the codec. Am able to do this for some rooms as the PC is located in the equipment rack and is operated via wireless keyboard/mouse.

HP Recommended

The stand PC inhouse has a vga connection and two display port connections.

I'll cover both setups.

For PC at podium I connected local monitor via a display port to DVI cable.

For the feed to the scaler/switch in the rack I connect display port to dvi cable which is then connected to a dvi over cat5 transmitter and then a receiver and cable in the rack that goes to the scaler switch.

I send 1920x1280 out of the scaler/switch to both the lcd projector(via signal over cat5 extender of your choice) and the codec.

For PC located in rack with a referece monitor at the podium I kinda of do the reverse of above.   One output goes direct to the scaler switch the other goes to a dvi over cat5 that runs to the monitor located at the podum or other location.

That help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.