Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I can't get audio to share on a debut when sharing content through an hdmi connected to my laptop. Set up is 1 GS 500 and 1 Debut in a VMR on a rmx bridge. Debut is on latest 1.1 firmware. 

I noticed it doesn't show audio as an input on the Debut datasheet, however sound is going through the speakers on the TV (instead of playing on the laptop) so the debut can push through audio.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From the user guide-

The RealPresence Debut system includes two HDMI interfaces: one for wired content sharing and another for the monitor connection. The RealPresence Debut only supports HDMI to HDMI connections; the system does not support conversions, such as VGA to HDMI cable connections. The content sharing HDMI interface supports audio streaming. Sharing content from personal computing devices refers to sharing content using a computer with an HDMI connection or sharing content using Polycom RealPresence Desktop. The HDMI monitor connection supports connection to the local interface. In addition to an HDMI connection, the monitor must also have a built-in speaker. Polycom recommends the HDMI interface input resolutions for best results.

Still not sure if i can share content over a VC call though. Can someone please advise.

HP Recommended

The RP Debut supports both audio and video on the HDMI content input.  IF you are having issues please contact your service provider for additional support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.