Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 2 Samsung monitors connected to a Group 700, located side-by-side.  When the Group system goes into sleep mode, both monitors go into sleep mode, as well.  For some reason,  when I wake up the Group system, Monitor 2 wakes up with the Group system, but Monitor 1 does not.  I have to turn Monitor 1 back on, from its sleep mode.  Why wouldn't both monitors wake  up with the Group system?

Can someone please provide some insight on this situation?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello BrianBGAVX,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

In addition is the Monitor CEC compatible and has this been enabled or are you sending a black picture when going asleep?

Also do you have an update on this post => here <= ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for providing feedback about my issue.  The software version on my Group 700 is 5.0.9.  I will check to see if the monitor is CEC compatible and if so, I will enable it.  I'm not sure what you mean when you say "is a black picture being sent when going asleep".  If the Group system is not used before it goes into sleep mode, then the black picture appears because the monitor goes into sleep mode.

Thanks

HP Recommended

When you set the timeout on monitors you can send either "Black" or "no signal".  Steffen is referrring to that option.

When setting to "no signal", some monitors will turn off.  When setting to "Black" the monitors see a signal coming to it and thus will not power down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.