Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

I have just a little question and I searched for a response on this forum but didn't find it.

Is it possible to make videocall between Polycom group series and Skype public?

It works perfectly between Polycom group series and our Skype For Business (S4B) but i would like to do the same between Polycom group series and Skype public and it doesn't work.

Thansks by advance for the response and have a nice day

Best regards

Fabien

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Tessier_Fabien,

no, Group systems are only compatible with MSFT Lync and SfB.

HP Recommended

Thank you @

What's a bad news for us 😞

DId you know if futures release could permit this fonctionnality ?

Thanks for your response

Regards

Fabien Tessier

HP Recommended

Hello @Tessier_Fabien ,

We cannot discuss future software Versions within the Community.

Polycom, as a US based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due the requirement of non disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this.

Via the medium of a community forum we are unable to do this.

i suggest you work with a Polycom reseller or Polycom Sales Engineer to add a feature request.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK

Thanks for your reponse.

I'm a litte bit surprised because i'm pretty sure last year i was able to make call to Skype public form Polycom group series.

I explain you :

Situation few months ago (nearly 3-4) :

- On my group series I launch a videocall to RealUsername@outlook.fr (not my real @)

- Call was transform in live%3ARealUsername@skypeids.net

- On my phone i see the call but unable to respond

Today :

- On my group series I launch a videocall to RealUsername@outlook.fr (not my real @)

- Call is not transform and I have an instant error message 

Your call could not be completed. Please check the number and try the call again.

If i return in my recent call and launch a call to live%3ARealUsername@skypeids.net call arrive on my phone but unable to respond

So i am a little bit surprised with this strange behavior it's maybe a firewall issue on my network

Can you only confirm me if it is possible to call skype public from groupe series.

Thanks a lot

Fabien Tessier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.