Skype to sfb calls with RPG500

SOLVED
Advisor

Skype to sfb calls with RPG500

Hello all,

I am using RPG500 registered for SFB online.

When i call from another SFB account the call is OK but when i call the device from a skype account there is only audio,no video at all.

Skype to SFB calls with the same accounts are OK using the classic desktop application,the issue seems to be only when RPG is present.

The device is running 6.1.5 f/w version.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Skype to sfb calls with RPG500

Hi sotitris,

the GS500 only works with SfB and is not compatible with "Consumer Skype".

Message 2 of 7
Advisor

Thank you!

Also,while in a SFB call,i can't see local video,both monitors are displaying the far end,any ideas?

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Trusted Contributor

What do your monitor settings look like? Provide us a screenshot, please.

Short hint, go to Admin Settings > General > System Settings > Call Settings and check/uncheck Automatic Self View Control.

Message 4 of 7
Advisor

Hello,

Checking/uncheking this parameter fixed the issue!

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Advisor

Hello again,

i re-open this thread because today i made calls from RPG 500,which is integrated to sfb,to consumer skype and it worked successfully,both audio and video.

On the other side,when i call from my personal skype to RPG,the call is established but no video and audio are streamed.

Any ideas about this?

Polycom is running 6.1.8 firmware.

Message 6 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @sotiris,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I doubt we have done any interoperability testing with Consumer Skype towards Skype for Business.

If you would need this feature please work with your Polycom Sales Engieer to get this raised as a feature request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 7 of 7