Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone provide a download link to Polycom Touch Control software 6.1.8 ? I have a Polycom touch control device that I would like to pair ocassionally with an RPG 500 running 6.1.8 . The difficulty is in getting the Touch Control Panel Software Version 6.1.8 and Polycom Touch Control Operating System Version 6.1.8 that will match our RPG 500 on 6.1.8 . I have scanned the entire Polycom support page and the internet for that particular download link to no avail . I also know that upgrading to current version 6.2 would solve the problem but to do that I would require a software upgrade key which is not a possibility at the moment. As a last resort I'm hoping the community could kindly help with a downlink to the 6.1.8 software package. Would be very grateful! Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @rattuq ,

Support to utilize the Polycom RealPresence Group as a VisualPro and connect it with a Polycom Trio was added in 6.1.8

Subsequent 6.1.9 and 6.1.10 also added this support and the 3 software versions are exclusive for the Polycom RealPresence GroupSeries to be utilized with a Polycom Trio.

6.2.0 added support to use the Polycom RealPresence Group either as a standalone device utilizing a known Polycom RealPresence Group features including the Polycom Touch Control.

When using the Polycom RealPresence Group in VisualPro Mode then the Polycom RealPresence Group can only be paired with a Polycom Trio.

At no point can you have all 3 devices working.

If you require support for this and have a customer case please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom Sales Engineer:

Aug 26,2014 Question: How can I request a change to the current Software or request a new functionality?

Answer: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @rattuq ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The 6.1.8 Release is specifically for the Polycom Trio VisualPro integration and there is no Polycom Touch Control 6.1.8 software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello SteffenBaierUK ,

Oh ok, yes, we do also have a Trio 8800 that we pair to the RPG 500 as well. The problem is we would also like to pair our touch control occasionally by switching modes in the RPG 500 web interface. Can you please provide a solution that will enable us to switch control from the Trio 8800 to the Touch Control seamlessly without upgrading to 6.20 as we currently don't have an upgrade key, or a solution that integrates all 3 devices if possible. Awaiting your feedback. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @rattuq ,

there is no such software.

Polycom GroupSeries VisualPro 6.1.8, 6.1.9 and 6.1.10 are Polycom Trio exclusive only and cannot be used for "normal" GroupSeries configuration.

You would need to downgrade the GroupSeries if used as a Standalone device to 6.1.7.2 or purchase the 6.2.0 upgrade

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello SteffenBaierUK ,

Oh ok, thanks for the information, so in the 6.1.7.2 version there would be no Trio mode? Kindly clarify. If that is so, can you advise on how we can integrate the Trio 8800 into a Touch Control setup as an external speaker or microphone or advise on the best way we can integrate all 3 devices. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @rattuq ,

Support to utilize the Polycom RealPresence Group as a VisualPro and connect it with a Polycom Trio was added in 6.1.8

Subsequent 6.1.9 and 6.1.10 also added this support and the 3 software versions are exclusive for the Polycom RealPresence GroupSeries to be utilized with a Polycom Trio.

6.2.0 added support to use the Polycom RealPresence Group either as a standalone device utilizing a known Polycom RealPresence Group features including the Polycom Touch Control.

When using the Polycom RealPresence Group in VisualPro Mode then the Polycom RealPresence Group can only be paired with a Polycom Trio.

At no point can you have all 3 devices working.

If you require support for this and have a customer case please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom Sales Engineer:

Aug 26,2014 Question: How can I request a change to the current Software or request a new functionality?

Answer: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello SteffenBaierUK

Well understood but just to be clear does 6.2.0 have Trio Mode?

HP Recommended

Hello @rattuq ,

I believe my replies cover everything you have asked.

If you are still unsure please consult the Release Notes for the GroupSeries 6.2.0 release and/or your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, very well understood just wanted to clarify 🙂 ...thank you very much. By the way how and where can I purchase a software upgrade key?

HP Recommended

Hello @rattuq ,

Please work with your Polycom reseller.

If you do no longer have a record who this was initially please post the GroupSeries Serial number usually starting with 82

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.