Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am new to this forum. We have bought HDX 7000 VC im 2011 and I am trying to update the software. While doing the upgrdation it is asking for software update/Software key and we don't which key we have to provide for software update.

Current Version: 3.0.3.1-19040

New Version: 3.1.11-53024

Our reseller also not knowing the update key and aslo he didn't remember the actvation code of Polycom.

Where can I get this key?

Best Regards, Kai

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Kai,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Video FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 22,2014 Question: How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license?

Answer:
Please check this post in the Software Licensing section => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thank you for the answer.

Please see the attached Picture.

It just show me: "Available but not entitled"

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Kai,

I would suggest you call our support team as they can check this for you. Most likely out off a service contract.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

To get an update license for an un-entitled unit, which means there is not an active service contract registered with the serial number, you need to either get a service contract, purchase a license for the current 3.1.xx software or use the HDX as a trade-in against a new RealPresence Group Series video endpoint.

License are activated on the Polycom support web site for a key. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand "use the HDX as a trade-in against a new RealPresence Group Series video endpoint".

We owned an old HDX7000 which need to be updated and we just bought a new RealPresence Group 500. Is there a way to get an update license for the HDX7000 without getting a service contract for it ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.