Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am new to this forum. We have bought HDX 7000 VC two years back and I am trying to update the software. While doing the upgrdation it is asking for software update key and we don't which key we have to provide for software update.

Our reseller also not knowing the update key and aslo he didn't remember the actvation code of Polycom.

And also our VC drops the presentation when we will  be in conference call. I don't  know for what reason the presentation only drops not video call.  I want to understand, what is the maximum resolutions which HDX 7000 supports on preserntation mode. We are using 1080P for presentation mode and it worked very well in day one and gradually started signal drops problem. We thought it could be the problem in the resoultion and we have downgraded the resolution to least minimum of 1024x768 and this res also had same problems.

If anybody know the fix for the above problems please suggest.

Best Regards, Surendra

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Surendra,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The official Polycom support page => here <= allows you, once registered, to check your entitlement based on your serial number.

Content uses signaling within your network and a firewall may disconnect the session.

I would liaise with your network team to check the network traffic and in addition QoS.

The Support page holds the Admin Guide and release notes and all information should be included within these documents.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the info.

We have not blocked any ports in firewall nor configured any Qos. The VC drops the content when we do the presentation. We have directly connected the laptop to the backside of VC content port. 

Please suggest if you have any fix for this.

Best, Surendra 

HP Recommended

Hello Surendra,

the community will need a few more details. You are stating that the content is dropped.

• Do you have a connectivity to another site and what End Point are you connecting to?
  • Can you provide more details on what you class as being dropped ?
    Does the far end ever receive content and if yes for how long and is it always the same duration when it is dropped?
  • What Software Version are you using on the HDX?
  • Is this an internal conference or with external parties?
    How can you be so sure you have not blocked any ports?
  • You state that you do not use any QoS so I would ensure that you speak to your network team to ensure the Video Conference receives the highest bandwidth in your Network

In order to enable other users to help you please ensure you provide as much detail as possible.

If you really require support please follow the advise in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HI Steffen

Please find my answers in line in blue color.

• Do you have a connectivity to another site and what End Point are you connecting to?

We have tried with HDX 8000 (our customer side) or Polycom Telepresence Software.

• Can you provide more details on what you class as being dropped ?
    Does the far end ever receive content and if yes for how long and is it always the same duration when it is dropped?

Far end recieves the content and in about 2-3 secoends he will get balck screen and agian it will come back.

• What Software Version are you using on the HDX?

We are using 3.0.3.1-19040 release.

• Is this an internal conference or with external parties?

We have tried external with HDX 8000 system and internal with Polycom Telepresence m100 software.

• How can you be so sure you have not blocked any ports?

Because I only managing the complete IT infrastructe of this organization.

• You state that you do not use any QoS so I would ensure that you speak to your network team to ensure the Video Conference receives the highest bandwidth in your Network.

QoS is not placed for VC and all the availble bandwidth has been given to VC.

I have noticed without having the call, if we share the content in the standalone system also the presentation drops itself after 2-3 sec duration.

Best, Surendra

HP Recommended

Hello Surendra,

the first advise would be to run at least 3.0.5 so you have the latest available software without an upgrade key.

The second suggestion would be to check the cabling and the PC used in question and test a different cable or pc to ensure that this is not the PC causing this.

As a workaround you could try and use the people and content software from => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Stefen,

Thanks for the suggession.

I have tried People+Content software and it worked very well. The only problem I face with this is, it will not deliver the content in realtime for movie playback. Since we are in to animation industry our customer wants to see realtime playback for reviews on thier end usign HDX 8000 system.

People+ content software only helps for powerpoint or document presentation not for movie playback presentation.

I would try to upgrade the system with the suggested software version. Please send me the link of the software version as you suggested and the update key.

Thanks for your help and support.

Best, Surendra

HP Recommended

Hello Surendra,

as mentioned already upgrading within the 3.0.x range does not require a key.

All software can be found on our support portal => here <=

I would suggest you check the wiring / PC and if you use any devices/adapters in between the HDX and the PC.

For further support please contact your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks. I will try to update the current software to 3.0.5 version and also will check the cable connectivity tomorrow.

Best, Surendra

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.