Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All

I have been asked to see if i can un-brick a VSX6000.

It boots up and goes straight to System recovery, i think a previous firmware update had failed.  I have tried using varios downloads of the vsx softupdate but get stuck at the part where it asks me to enter a "Software Key"

I have found one on the Polycom site but when i enter it i get the error:

"You must enter a valid software key to install this version.  Please contact your polycom rep."

Now at this stage the error seems obvious so i tried an other software version but same thing!

I have attached the error i get, anyone else had this happen to them?

I contact polycom support this morning only to be told to contact a channel partner, this seems pretty poor in my standards as support should be able to make a uint work to a verision of software.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is already being pushed as a FTP. You can try running it has passive it you would like. Though if your network is not supporting FTP then it most likely will not work. Though another way of doing this is a crossover connection between your system in the VSX. By default all VSX systems have a hard coded IP of 1.1.1.2. So you can do a manual setup for your computer and use a crossover cable. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

So just to check something's about the reinstall of 9.0. One when you are at the system info screen after connecting to the system on the update do you see the Serial Number listed? Second are you making sure you are not tiring to active Software Option and only doing the upgrade?

HP Recommended

Just an observation but "Available but not entitled" indicates the unit is not under a valid maintenance contract & according to Polycoms Warranty & Entitlement site, maitenance expired in April 2009 so it's possible that V9.0 key is invalid.

What version are you updating from?

HP Recommended

Hi Guys

thaks for you response, ive just got the unit back from the office and to update you both.

In the System info scrfeen i dont see the serial number, just the model and the update im trying to push to it.  There is no option to activate but i have ticked "Update SOftware and Erase System Flash"

Your correc in this device does not have warrrenty anymore, but i should still be able to apply  a version of software to make it useable till the hardware fails.

I have attached a screen shot of the current screens of Softupdate and the VSX.

HP Recommended

With no SN showing up on the update you will not be able to push the file to the VSX. It using a FTP transfer. I would make sure you are able to do a FTP connection to the VSX. 

HP Recommended

How do i push it via ftp?

i can see there is a passive ftp on the softupdate client, is that what you mean?

HP Recommended

It is already being pushed as a FTP. You can try running it has passive it you would like. Though if your network is not supporting FTP then it most likely will not work. Though another way of doing this is a crossover connection between your system in the VSX. By default all VSX systems have a hard coded IP of 1.1.1.2. So you can do a manual setup for your computer and use a crossover cable. 

HP Recommended

Hi Guys 

Thanks for your help, with some clicking and unticking of options when trying to push/erase the firmware i was able to get it pushed out and has been restored to factory settings.

HP Recommended

Hello Adamn, is it possible for you to explain to me how you went about getting your software restored? I have the same issue with my vsx6000.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The same issue here!

Could anybody confirm the right sequence of actions for the issue?

To perform ERFL first?

To try softupdate next?

Will the old code be valid for the situation?

I have all the codes now, but i'm stuck with:

You must enter a valid software key to install this version.  Please contact your polycom rep." 

And i'm confused about validity of the update code. 

Please advise! 

Thanks,

Nikolay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.