Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Starting Update. Please wait

StuP
Occasional Visitor

Starting Update. Please wait

Hi all,

I'm attempting to update a HDX7000 to version 3.0.5.1 from version 2.0.2.1.

The update transfers and verifies, the HDX reboots & then the browser just sits saying "Starting Update. Please wait' for ever.

I've tried multiple machines & multiple browsers just in case it's a client issue, but no joy.

Any ideas appreciated.

Stu

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Starting Update. Please wait

Hello Stu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What Browser are you using?

The HDX is only compatible with Internet Explorer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
StuP
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

I've tried with IE10 9 & 8 with the same results.

Stu

Message 3 of 6
Uwe_Ansmann
Honored Contributor

What i would try:

1) Try updating with the usb stick method.

2) if that´s not working, try updating to 2.5 first (shouldn´t be necessary, but helped me 2 times solving this problem)

3) If that´s not working, make a backup of your settings and your addressbook via the web interface.

Then reset the machine to factory defaults. After that, upgrade your hdx and put the backup files back in.

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 4 of 6
StuP
Occasional Visitor

The USB stick method worked a treat (once I'd found the format of the update.txt file!)

Thanks for your help

Stu

Message 5 of 6
Uwe_Ansmann
Honored Contributor

You´re welcome.

Could you please tag this thread as "solved" ?!

Kind regards,
Uwe
Message 6 of 6