Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello - 

In our current room, we have a Poly TRIO 8800 w/ Visual+ and use the Zoom CRC to one touch join zoom meetings. We have mixed functionality and can not go full Zoom Room at this time. Is there a way to set up the Zoom CRC on the Studio 30? Essentially, would like my teams to "one touch" join a meeting with zoom.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

In Poly Video Mode you can use the H.323 connector

Jan Zoetemelk of Poly shared this link on the comments of his YouTube video “Quick Setup Poly StudioX PolyOS”

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1suP3GWecPPU0o0JSacDQg5Iw87CN3mqR

It shows XML configuration for multiple different providers, Zoom, Teams, WebEx etc.

I haven’t used Poly Video Mode and don’t have the products you have so don’t know if this does what you want.

Also the next firmware 3.1.0 has USB device mode where you can use the X Series as a webcam with a PC/Mac.

The new Trio C60 will have better integration with the X50 than older Trios.

It seems that some features will be released progressively after the launch so personally I would wait and see what’s available in firmware releases before buying it if you want to go with the C60.

HP Recommended

See the video “App Modes on Poly Studio X and G7500” on Poly’s YouTube Channel.

With the TC8 or a Touch Screen monitor/TV you can join video meetings with the touch of a button.

You’d need to use a H.323 or SIP connector. Zoom CRC (Cloud Room Connector) is just one of these.

You’d also need to link a calendar such as GSuite, Office 365 etc. so that the X30 will receive the meeting invites to show for you to click.

HP Recommended

According to Poly Support, Zoom can only be used in Zoom Room mode, instead of Poly Mode. 

Question - what do people use for a H.323 service if I wanted to use various meeting services (clients have MSoft Teams, Webex, etc.) with the camera?

HP Recommended

Well then their support is wrong.

You may not have the full Zoom Rooms experience, but you can certainly use Zoom CRC. You can see a Zoom meeting listed in the video I mentioned above.

For Teams you use Poly RealConnect. There is a Teams app coming if you prefer. The partner apps are for if almost exclusively using just that app. The PolyOS mode is for if using a variety.

Take a look at “Quick Setup Poly StudioX PolyOS” on YouTube. There’s a link to a Google Drive with configuration for some different common meeting services for quickly manually joining meetings not on the calendar.

Once you’ve configured the X Series and linked an Exchange calendar you should have one touch join for all your meetings.

Also USB Device Mode (there’s also a video showing this) is coming soon to allow using the X Series as a USB Webcam for those meetings that don’t use a SIP/H.323 service or simply if you prefer to use it as a USB webcam. You could use USB Device Mode with e.g. Apple FaceTime. Or you could use free software such as OBS Studio to add in advanced customisations like having your name appear on top of your camera feed with your company logo over a semi-transparent horizontal bar. e.g. if you were delivering a webinar.

You can easily switch between apps using the web admin GUI, however I think Zoom CRC and Zoom Rooms for example require separate licences from Zoom so most would probably pick one Zoom licence per device at any given point in time.

HP Recommended

If Zoom CRC doesn't give you all the features you want you could always join the same Zoom meeting with audio disconnected and camera turned off from a smartphone, tablet or laptop to use the other functionality you want. This is more likely to be important if you are hosting or co-hosting the meeting. Similarly for Teams with RealConnect etc.

When I mentioned GSuite for the calendars I think I was getting confused with Zoom Rooms mode. I think the G7500 and X Series link with Outlook, Exchange or Office365 accounts in Poly mode. There is a way to link GSuite Calendars with Exchange calendars, I think.

HP Recommended

Hello @ckg199 

can you clarify that you actually opened a ticket and received this statement? What is the ticket reference as I would like to check this internally?

As stated by @bmgr  there are many ways our endpoints can get used to archive what you are after.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you @SteffenBaierUK

I was able to follow instructions and get the favorites added that @bmgr provided. The only assistance I need now is getting the One Touch Dial set up.

HP Recommended

The process of linking a calendar and selecting which meeting services you use is shown towards the end of the 2nd video I linked to.

HP Recommended

@bmgr wrote:

Well then their support is wrong.

Hello @bmgr 

some of your replies ended in our spam filter so I just released them.

I already asked @ckg199  to provide the official Poly ticket reference for this which so far has not yet been provided.

Best regards

Steffen Baier 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.