Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Studio 50 Firmware Update via USB

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Studio 50 Firmware Update via USB

Hello, 

I am attempting to update over 100 Poly Studio 50s via USB. They are all in MS Teams mode. 

If the Poly is on the screen the MS Teams welcome splash screen (the one where you press next 4 times), the Poly will recognize the USB update drive and update.

However if the Poly is waiting for a call, it will not recognize the USB drive. 

Is this normal behavior ? If so, is there a quick workaround to get back to the MS Teams splash screen without switching to POLY mode and back to TEAMs ? 

I'm trying to come up with a solution to update all these Polys as quickly as possible. 

Thanks !

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Studio 50 Firmware Update via USB

Hello @five337 ,

Try this with a Fat32 USB Stick:

• Download a complete poly-video_swbundle-3.2.1-224090.tar.gz. Open the file poly-video_swbundle-3.2.1-224090.tar.gz and you should end up with poly-video_swbundle-3.2.1-224090.tar
  • Within this simply copy softwareupdate.cfg, videocodec and touchctrl onto a USB stick and insert into G7500 or Studio X and use the navigation bars

TC8ModeUpdare_01.pngTC8ModeUpdare_02.png
  • The Web Interface should show:

TC8ModeUpdare_03.png

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello @five337 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking? Is the device in a call or just sits idle on the Teams home?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply !

I am unable to update when the device is idle at the Teams home screen. 

The only success I've had using a USB drive to update the firmware is when the first Teams screen is displayed after changing the Poly to Teams.

I'm thinking that once Teams is logged in and is idle at the home screen - the poly isn't checking for updates via USB. 

I've tried many Polys with the same results. 

Our problem is trying to update 100+ of these. The only way we know is to logon via the web interface, switch to poly mode, reboot, select update via the web interface, wait, reboot, switch back to Teams, reboot, then re-logon to Teams. This can take 30mins per device. 

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Hello @five337 ,

Try this with a Fat32 USB Stick:

• Download a complete poly-video_swbundle-3.2.1-224090.tar.gz. Open the file poly-video_swbundle-3.2.1-224090.tar.gz and you should end up with poly-video_swbundle-3.2.1-224090.tar
  • Within this simply copy softwareupdate.cfg, videocodec and touchctrl onto a USB stick and insert into G7500 or Studio X and use the navigation bars

TC8ModeUpdare_01.pngTC8ModeUpdare_02.png
  • The Web Interface should show:

TC8ModeUpdare_03.png

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Visitor

Thank you ! By just using the softwareupdate.cfg, videocodec and touchctrl files it worked ! 

Message 5 of 5