Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I just wanted to ask other Community members if they experience the same thing that I do.

In X30 that I'm using, if you plug in for example a mouse Bluetooth dongle to USB port (in my case to the single USB next to Ethernet port), after very short time (lets say - even one minute) when I unplug dongle from that port - its metal casing that goes inside USB is like really hot, temperature is way higher than it should.

When I unplug the same dongle from my laptop, nothing like this happens.

So did anyone else experience something like this before? Is it a design "feature" (not to use word flaw) ot it just happens in my device?

And it's not a new thing, it's been like this for a very long time, maybe even it was like this right out of a box.

Cheers

Lukasz

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I just tested this with the USB-A port.  I have a Dell 24" touch display and when I unplugged the USB the cable to the monitor was normal temperature.  I then put a BT600 in it and after 20 minutes or so pulled it and it was a bit warmer than air temperature but nothing near 'hot' or even what I would refer to as warm.

I have a cable for Device mode on the USB-C port and it exhibited the same as the BT600 adapter, warmer than the air but that is it.

Unit is still at 3.4 and is running PolyOS, not an Eco-partners application.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.