Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @Support Team , y.clement@le-col.com , @techmansam , @KC94  and @Olix67 

our Partner Microsoft, who supplies the Microsoft Teams application running on our MTRoA Studio X devices, has provided us with a potential fix for the issue.

As already stated Microsoft is aware and is working on this and the planned new release for this is the next 3.5 release.

If this is to service affecting then you should downgrade to the older 3.2.3 release or you can try to toggle the camera and re-activating it.

Feel free to raise a ticket with our support organization so we can keep you updated on Microsoft's progress and potentially share a 3.5 Beta.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the info, is there a estmated date of release ?

Yann

HP Recommended

Hello y.clement@le-col.com ,

I would suggest working with our support team as we usually do not share unreleased dates in the community. They can update you via Email or service ticket and also share if there are any delays or Beta versions that can be tested.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I have the same problem and with an impermeant return to the office, this couldn't come at a worst time! We looked at the problem from the network side and it looks like the Teams App is trying to use the UDP higher ports to send video and connect directly for the far client. This is a change to how the App used to work. Will have to wait on Microsoft..
HP Recommended

Hello @Andrew Winter ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Working with our support organization can get you added to the Beta for this. Beta 3.5 has the fix from Microsoft in it.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
I have logged a ticket, but didn't know the Beta has been realised, I'll get back to support and get the package to download. Many thanks 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello @Andrew Winter @Support Team y.clement@le-col.com @techmansam  and @KC94 

we released software 3.5.0 on our support portal. Please install this and should you still find issues with our Partner Microsoft Teams application please work with our support team.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, I will test it this afternoon with the TC8. 

1st observation, the MS App is from 15 june, and the french translation has been worked, that is a good thing.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I join the topic because I face exactly the same problem since my poly studio X30/50 upgrades.

I've recently upgraded to the last firmware : 3.5.0-344025 for the X30 and 3.5.0-210489 for the TC8.

But it's still the same, most of time I'm forced to turn OFF and turn ON the video again, to allow distance participants to see the room.

I'm a bit afraid to deploy new poly studio x30 and x50 for the moment 😞

Is someone have the same problem even the last firmware released recently ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Benjamin L

HP Recommended

Just updated one of our X50 to 3.5.0-344025 and TC8 to 3.5.0-210489. Teams is on 1449/1.0.96.2021051904

Same issue. Video needs to be toggled for far participant to see. Sometimes the far participant needs to toggle their video before it appears in the room.

This is embarrassing for Poly and for me personally. CEO asks for teams capability in meeting rooms as some of the workforce return to the office and some remain at home. Since deploying these It's been nothing short of a disaster. Nobody within the business has any faith in the devices working and thus are huddling around a single laptop instead again.

Terrible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.