Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @SiBr  and @Benjamin Laudier ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We are working with our Partner Microsoft, who delivers the Microsoft Teams application running on our MTRoA devices.

We are completely dependent on our Partner and their software so therefore if you are able to escalate this with your Microsoft Premier CSAM and in addition, raise a ticket with Poly Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK

It's a standard response it seems around these parts. Poly support team said 3.5 would fix these issues, clearly it does not, so pass off to Microsoft. Can't Poly collaborate with MS somewhat to ensure both firmware (X50/TC8) and software (Teams APK) are released concurrently and actually work? I think the customer deserves that at least.

HP Recommended

Hello @SiBr ,

First of all, I am unsure if you know, but my capacity within this community is a private matter aka not my day job.

Poly does work with our partner Microsoft and as a result, have received the latest APK which was supposed to address the previously introduced issue. If you still see the issue I can only recommend working with Microsoft as something in your network in relation to the Microsoft supplied APK is still causing the issue. Only Microsoft can fix this and the easiest way is to work with Microsoft support. Poly cannot open a ticket with Microsoft on your behalf.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I appreciate your input here. As you can imagine we're frustrated that a system Poly advertises as "Certified for Teams" isn't working as intended, if at all. I've been placating the CEO for weeks now on this and using 3.5 as the carrot to keep him from ripping the things down and getting them sent back. When he's notified that 3.5 was installed and the issues remain, sometimes worsen, that will be the end of it.

It is not a network issue. The X50 and TC8 are on the same network, talking fine. Watching the firewall logs during operation/calls, no traffic is being prevented. We have hundreds of users using teams within the organisation from their laptops and mobile devices.

On another note. Poly Support seems to have gone cold since I've reached out to tell them 3.5 didn't help with the issues. What I would really like is for someone from Poly to reach out and do some testing with me, take some logs from the device for review and provide me with an idea of what the issue is and whether it's been raised with MS. I have set a deadline in my mind that if nothing improves they'll be returned and I'll probably stay away from Poly devices in the future after this debacle.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @SiBr ,

I can only suggest for you to work with our support team and in parallel work with our Partner Microsoft who supply the Android Apps running on both the Studio and the TC8

Alternatively, simply downgrade to 3.2.3 as everything works on the older release of Microsoft Teams software. The side effect is the changed UI on the TC 8

Download link for General Settings > Device Management > Download Update From:> set to Custom URL and Update Server Address: > https://swupdate.lens.poly.com/polyos/3.2.3/280012

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks. Can confirm 3.2.3 works flawlessly in terms of video. Shame the TC8 is far less intuitive.

We'll work with this for now. Thanks for the link. Downgrading all X50s from 3.5 now.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

First time today we used the X50 on our monthly meeting and I was in the board room. It worked but my users say they prefer the wireless keyboard mouse option because it works without any issue. They saying the problem is with TC8. It sometime freezes for a very short time muting the mic etc.. it's a shame I bought 2 of the TC8 and not using it. All are on latest F/W (3.5). The keyboard option works without any issues and it's only £25 on Amazon but I like the TC8. It's looks like a SW bug from Microsoft as this software was only in beta for 1 week so unlikely they managed to catch and fix all bugs in that time!. Anyone else having this issue ?

HP Recommended

Video on X30 and X50's still not working for us after 'upgrading' to 3.5.0.344025, Teams App 1449/1.0.96.2021051904 or 1449/1.0.96.2021070803

Management are getting pretty fed up, as am I. Would not recommend these to anyone looking to purchase them 😕

Does Microsoft and/or Polycom do any testing before releasing these updates?

Will try down grading to 3.2.3...

It's a pity the interface on the TC8 is so crap compared to the newer versions though

HP Recommended

Hello @brendan1 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Your post ended up in the spam section so try the next time to use a more professional language.

I can assure you that this is being tested on both sides but these issues can happen depending on local issues found.

Other users reported this >here< and >here< as this is a known issue our Partner Microsoft is aware of.

Can you please open a ticket using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business-video/get-help-support?view=o365-worldwide and ensure you note within the ticket that this is an issue related to 20h2 or 20h2A update to MTRoA?

Once done please open a Poly Support Ticket and provide the Microsoft reference.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.