Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Studio X50 Teams invites not "join" button

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Studio X50 Teams invites not "join" button

Hi

We are struggling we the invites to Teams in X50, we have a dedicated Office 365 account for the X50. We forward invites to the account and they show up fine, but most of the times theres is no join button, and we can't join in anyway?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Studio X50 Teams invites not "join" button

Hello @netit-cal ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We replied to a similar-sounding post already >here<

You would need to work with our partner Microsoft as this may be a limit on the mailbox or working as designed.

Please remember a Poly Studio X is only running a client supplied by our partner Microsoft and Poly does have no way of modifying any settings within the Teams APK application.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I understand that it is Microsoft that can do something about the Teams Client, but still I think Polycom should be in the fronseat here have the dialog with Microsoft. Not us customers that should be send back and forth  betweeen Polycom and Microsoft. Also it's very hard for us to get  Microsoft to do anything about it, as far as I can see no one has had any luck contacting them. 

Polycom should maybay also have some basic knowledge on the Teams Client in X50/X30 and som guidelines on what is possible and how it should be configured.

Regards

Casper

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello @netit-cal ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The Teams APK application is a closed system so us, Poly, have no access to it. Even the logging is sent directly to Microsoft and we have no access to this data.

We cannot open a Ticket on a customers behalf either. You can contact our Support Team but the way Teams is designed, apart from any network related issue, we cannot troubleshoot a lot.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Hi @netit-cal 

just to comment.

When the Studio X is setup with Teams simply click or navigate to the side *** More

screencap_01.png

and then select Settings.

screencap_02.png

Next select ? Help & feedback

screencap_04.png

Report an issue.

screencap_03.png

Then fill out the form presented and select send.

screencap_05.png

The procedure enables you to send this directly to Microsoft with, I assume, a copy to yourself.

Best regards

Steffen Bier

----------------

----------------

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Microsoft have quickly developed an Android version for their conference bar based on the mobile application...we are kind of betas tester...and this for also other brands than Poly, because other brands arrive with the same application on standalone Android bars.

In December it will release a real application...in short the Early Adopter wipes the plasters

Message 6 of 6