Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

With the displays connected to the X50 turned off after a period of time the audio goes bad as if something in the X50 is going to sleep. The only way to fix is to turn USB Device Mode off then on again then the sound sounds normal again. I am listening to music.

Am I missing a setting? I have tried resetting the settings to default and the problem persists.

I can't have this happen in the middle of a meeting so USB Device Mode is unusable until this is fixed.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @bmgr ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you are reporting this for GA software and if yes get this into our support organization. In addition, provide us details of the cable being used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, this is on 3.1.0 GA.

I can't find the USB cables on your recommended list so I tried a cable that I already had.

Because of increased demand for products Amazon won't ship the cables internationally to my destination when normally they probably would.

HP Recommended

Hello @bmgr ,

are there high-quality cables and/or what length are these?

As stated get this into support so we can investigate.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Tried another cable, this time a 1.8m one (I think the other one was a USB3 0.9m). The audio still goes bad after a while. I then plugged in the TC8 and the audio seems to be O.K. again for now. The new cable is a Belkin 1.8m USB-C to USB-A USB 2.0 Cable.

If the problems persist I think I will open a case.

Edit: Problem is persisting. I will open a case.

HP Recommended

Hello @bmgr 

I have seen your private Email regarding the two cases you opened. A few pointers support will ask you for:

• What PC is this? Windows or Mac?
  • What OS version?
  • USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port is used?
  • Docking station or external USB hub?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks. I have just added answers to those to the case.

This is using a Mac running Mac OS X 10.13.6.

I am connecting directly to a USB3 port (the Mac only has USB3.0 ports). Have same issue with the USB-C to USB3 cable and USB-C to USB2 cable I tried.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.