Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Sylog management

BillGib
Occasional Advisor

Sylog management

Guys, hi,

sorry, may not be in the correct area...

Does anyone know of any documents, or anything else, that give a good overview of the syslog messages and what they mean? the majority I can work out but there are a quite number that I just cannot understands...

many thanks,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Sylog management

Hello BillGib,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What Polycom product ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
BillGib
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

the syslogs are from HDX 7000's. could anyone suggest the best app for managing/alerting from these, or if MS SCOM has a plug in....any advice would be greatefully received.

thanks again...

Message 4 of 5
BillGib
Occasional Advisor

Hi, the syslogs are from HDX 7000's. Also, anyone aware of or can suggest a good tool for syslog management - or if MS SCM has a plugin or anything ??

Message 3 of 5
JTaylor
Polycom Employee

Hi,

There are many syslog management systems out there, but one that has received favourable reviews is from Kiwi, part of the SolarWinds product family.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/products/kiwi-syslog-server/product-overview.aspx

You can conifgure the HDX units to point the log entries to this syslog server for your review.

HTH.

Message 5 of 5