Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all

In my org, we currently have 2x X50 1x X30 and a G7500 - all of them paired with a TC8. Question is, i cannot find the place where i can make the TC8 "Sleep" or atleast turn off its brightness or light during non-office hours? 

On the web-interface itself, I have tried to put in non-working hours, but it seems like it only makes a difference for the videobars and not the TC8. I am trying to make the equipment last as long as possible, and sleep-mode for TC8 should be possible, right? 

The user doc also mentions: 

"After a period of no activity, the system enters sleep mode (if configured by your administrator)"

What if you ARE the administrator, but can only find above information..?!

Thanks 🙂 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Laubat ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It is always useful to provide the currently used software and in addition what mode the units are in as the answer may depend on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello

I am running all on software version 3.7.0-352042 or 3.4.0-292042.

My provider is Poly. I have Pexip integration. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Laubat ,

Thanks for providing these basic details.

Usually, I would expect the TC to dim at least after the time period expired. Can you go ahead and factory reset the TC8 as described on page 23 >here<?

If this still fails open a ticket with Poly support in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Laubat , this is a remark although you are running in Poly Mode. But it can benefit us due to the title of this topic.

if using the X50/X30 and TC8 in Teams mode. The TC8 is started to dim again when using software version 3.7.0.352042. The TC 8 stopped to dim from version 3.4 (where you needed to sign-in on the TC8 running in Teams mode). 

HP Recommended

All,

Has this been fixed yet?  We just installed it and was wondering that it does not seem to dim or sleep like the camera.

David

HP Recommended

Hello @DRicci ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQs listed in my signature for your convenience.

As I am not aware if the original poster ever got this into support I can only suggest for yourself to start with this. Our team can answer the question and open a bug if we find this is faulty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello DRicci, yes during normal operation (in Teams mode) and during out of office hours the TC8 dims. 
It also dims when the Collaboration bar is going to sleep during out of office hours.

Under User setting you are able to adjust the brightness on the TC8 during normal operation.

BR Beyond Conference

Software version Collaboration Bar: 3.9.1.360007-360007
Software version TC8: 3.9.0-210608

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.