Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

On firmware 3.5.0 I'm having endless issues with TC8 tablets on X30/X50 devices in teams mode going into a deep sleep and disconnecting from the video bar. It tries to re-pair every time you wake them up. I have no config profiles in TAC and all the bar settings are set to never sleep, anyone know what this is about?

What are these things meant to do? Stay always-on, fade out, etc? Has anyone experienced similar in teams mode?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @qblue08 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A similar post was raised >here<

It is really important when posting Poly Software versions, in addition, to provide the Microsoft Teams software as well.

Poly released the 3.5.0-344025 with our Partner Microsofts Teams Version 1449 1.0.96.2021051904

Our Partner Microsoft can via the TAC update this to 1449/1.0.96.2021070803 which has improvements as outlined >here< in the Teams Rooms on Android section.

The above-linked post has some additional advice on how to escalate this into our Partner Microsoft for their tracking.

Stating the above we are about to release software 3.6.0 which should address multiple issues on the Microsoft end so maybe wait until testing this before working with our Partner Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

We have exactly the same problem. Any idea when version 3.60 will be available to download?

HP Recommended

Hello @Poly-User ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We are planning this for Friday the 06/08/2021 (Subject to change) but have you ensured you are already running via the TAC 1449/1.0.96.2021070803 20h2A update for MTRoA?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can confirm we're running PolyOS version 3.5.0-344025, with Microsoft Teams app version 1449/1.0.96.2021070803 (updated through Microsoft portal).

HP Recommended

Hello, I can also confirm I'm also running firmware version 3.5.0.344025 with Teams version updated via TAC 1449/1.0.96.2021070803

Hoping 3.6 can make a difference - I will sit tight and install 3.6 when it releases and see what happens.

HP Recommended

It’s released now

HP Recommended

Good news!

I can confirm that with the new PolyOS firmware version 3.6.0-350035 that was released yesterday, together with the Microsoft Teams app version 1449/1.0.96.2021070803, we're no longer experience the disconnect / un-pairing problem between the Poly X50 and the Poly TC8.

Seems like this problem is solved, for now 🙂

HP Recommended

I currently have Studio X30 paired with TC8 tablets. Over the past year or 2 i have noticed that the TC8 losese it pairing with the X30. Everything seems fine from poly lens and web gui and showing paired. To fix the issue i have to pull the power out of the x30 and let the device boot up again for both device to talk to each other. It is random as we have 28 meeting rooms and they are always having this issue daily on random device. Im running the latest version of poly and teams

HP Recommended

Hello @Morsey ,

welcome to the Poly community,

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months, or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id and in the case of Microsoft Teams all the details about the Teams application and the Admin Agent, Company Portal, and Partner Agent. Our Partner Microsoft has the ability to upgrade the software of their applications so it is important to know what is being used and not what is part of our firmware

The same is applicable for other providers if this is a functionality of the device being used.

Therefore the different community sections may contain a post or FAQ on how to find this.

I suggest you get this into support. As a reference, you may want to quote ECS-3253 if you also use a Poly C60 paired with the Studio X/G7500.

This is just a guess but should help the person looking at the ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.