Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

TC8 tablets going to sleep / disconnect

qblue08
Occasional Visitor

TC8 tablets going to sleep / disconnect

Hi all,

On firmware 3.5.0 I'm having endless issues with TC8 tablets on X30/X50 devices in teams mode going into a deep sleep and disconnecting from the video bar. It tries to re-pair every time you wake them up. I have no config profiles in TAC and all the bar settings are set to never sleep, anyone know what this is about?

What are these things meant to do? Stay always-on, fade out, etc? Has anyone experienced similar in teams mode?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: TC8 tablets going to sleep / disconnect

Hello @qblue08 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A similar post was raised >here<

It is really important when posting Poly Software versions, in addition, to provide the Microsoft Teams software as well.

Poly released the 3.5.0-344025 with our Partner Microsofts Teams Version 1449 1.0.96.2021051904

Our Partner Microsoft can via the TAC update this to 1449/1.0.96.2021070803 which has improvements as outlined >here< in the Teams Rooms on Android section.

The above-linked post has some additional advice on how to escalate this into our Partner Microsoft for their tracking.

Stating the above we are about to release software 3.6.0 which should address multiple issues on the Microsoft end so maybe wait until testing this before working with our Partner Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 8
Poly-User
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info.

We have exactly the same problem. Any idea when version 3.60 will be available to download?

Message 3 of 8
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @Poly-User ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We are planning this for Friday the 06/08/2021 (Subject to change) but have you ensured you are already running via the TAC 1449/1.0.96.2021070803 20h2A update for MTRoA?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 8
Poly-User
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I can confirm we're running PolyOS version 3.5.0-344025, with Microsoft Teams app version 1449/1.0.96.2021070803 (updated through Microsoft portal).

Message 5 of 8
qblue08
Occasional Visitor

Hello, I can also confirm I'm also running firmware version 3.5.0.344025 with Teams version updated via TAC 1449/1.0.96.2021070803

Hoping 3.6 can make a difference - I will sit tight and install 3.6 when it releases and see what happens.

Message 6 of 8
SteffenBaierUK

It’s released now

----------------

----------------

Message 7 of 8
Poly-User
Occasional Advisor

Good news!

I can confirm that with the new PolyOS firmware version 3.6.0-350035 that was released yesterday, together with the Microsoft Teams app version 1449/1.0.96.2021070803, we're no longer experience the disconnect / un-pairing problem between the Poly X50 and the Poly TC8.

Seems like this problem is solved, for now

Message 8 of 8