Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are having this issue on our X30s and X50s with TC8s.  We are running 3.3.2.  Very frustrating having to factory reset these devices every 2 days or sometimes even more frequently.

HP Recommended

Hello @golabki  and all,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Poly, like any other MTRoA manufacturer, gets the Application{s) from our partner Microsoft. If a version supported and officially tested by Microsoft runs into an issue the quickest and easiest way to get support is to contact Microsoft. If the device is signed in to Microsoft Teams this can be done directly via the device.

Alternatively please do this via the Teams Admin Center. This way our partner can access the logs and help the customer.

If this fails the customer should open a ticket with Poly support but Poly cannot open a ticket for the customer with Microsoft and therefore all the troubleshooting we can do is limited to our own logs. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Golabki,

Thanks, we are having same issue for couple of months now. And update after update, even when validated by MS, the issue stay....

With or without TC8 tablet, the isue is there.

You are right, this is frustrating and really time consuming for the tech support team.

Poly cannot say all the time this is a microsoft issue. This is too easy, or if they want to stay like that they should not say this is a Teams Device !

They have to work together to find why we have that, or at least give us a shorter way to reconnect without reseting the device !!

HP Recommended

Hello @Gauthier ,

I have no idea what your exact issue is or if this is already with Poly support. You have not posted a Poly or Microsoft reference so I will not be able to look into this.

When we did bring out the device we worked with our Partner Microsoft on the software and had this tested and certified by them.

Very specific customer requirements or restrictions may be affecting the device to work as advertised. If your issue is a Poly issue we will deal with it and fix this if at all possible. If this is a Microsoft issue we have to wait for our Partner and then make plans to roll this into a controlled release.

The above is the same process for all the provider partners used with the Studio X or G7500 series as 3rd party applications are involved.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

Please have a look at:

microsoft tech community 

We are many having this issue. So I think this are not "Very specific customer requirements or restrictions"

I open a case at Poly, and I am actually sending logs. Also cases are opened at Microsoft....

HP Recommended

Hello @Gauthier ,

it's great to have a link to the Microsoft community and it seems a Microsoft Employee is already looking at this.

Again, to ensure you understand my point of view, every organization has different requirements and security settings. With a complex customer setup the different Microsoft applications aka the Microsoft Teams App, Teams Admin Agent, Teams Partner Agent, and Intune Company Portal all need to play together nicely.

The above have all been tested and certified by Microsoft. If some policies or even a proxy preventing the device from signing in then it is not really Poly's fault as we have no control over this.

Therefore our Partner Microsoft can be engaged to check on the above and help the customer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@steffenbaieruk Your comments are not helpful.  Finger pointing at Microsoft is not a solution.  As others have suggested this must be a collaborative effort between Microsoft and Poly to fix.  You as a Microsoft Partner have much easier access to Microsoft Teams product management than we do as end customers for either organization.  I will make sure to forward this thread to our our Poly account reps to make sure they are aware that this is the official advice being given on the Poly support forums.  

HP Recommended

Hello @golabki ,

My role in this community has nothing to do with my day job as outline in detail in my signature. This is also not a fingerpointing excercise.

As already mentioned multiple times this does not affect everybody and therefore we are unaware of how many customers are affected by this.

Again this is most likely not a Poly issue so Microsoft is best equipped to deal with this as this is their application.

Feel free to reach out to your Poly sales rep as they are welcome to follow this up with me. I am only replying to make users aware of what the correct way of escalation is.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi, same issue here. Anybody found a solution?

HP Recommended

Hello @axellundblad ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The solution must come from our partner Microsoft. We can open a ticket for you once you work with our support organization so we can track this and provide timely updates.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.