Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having trouble with my telepresence m100. We have in our company a Sony xg80 video conference system with multi point connection possibility. When I call with Telepresence m100 to that system using H.323 protocol everything is ok. But when someone else calls for multipoint conference the system kicks me out. If I try to call there it does not allow connection. What should I do? No slightest idea how to troubleshoot 😞

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sounds like a possible firewall issue.  I cannot advise you on the Sony and cannot speculate on what it might be doing to kick you out.  The m100 uses h323 standards so there should be no problems connecting (as you said) to the Sony. Perhaps a call to your IT folks may provide some answers.

HP Recommended

What could be wrong with the firewall? Can I see from m100 logfiles if it was firewall that kicked me out? Is there some list of ports to be opened from firewall to enable the call? And btw I tried also through VPN connection and the same happens so if I understood correctly I was inside our firewall.

HP Recommended

Because I have no information regarding your network I can only speculate.  Firewalls configurations are frequently a source for connectivity issues.

Please review the m100 software release noted and other documents regarding the m100 configuration at the link below.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/personal_telepresence/m100.html 

Your best place to start is with your IT personnel.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would need some more ideas what is wrong before going to IT:

I did some testing and I was able to make multipoint call so that from the multipoint XG-80 I did calls to similar videoconference system + polycom telepresence m100. At least this worked inside our own network. However if someone else tried to call to the multipoint device or if I tried to do the same once someone was already connected there it did not allow additional connections.

When I received the call I got notification that some firewall issue might be blocking connection but however it went through.

Could you explain what your software checks once it gives this error? Also what should we check fromour firewall which probably is somehow blocking now the incoming calls once someone else is calling in (this does not happen if we use only xg-80 devices so this must be somehow related to how telepresence m100 is using the ports?)?

HP Recommended

Hello angryuser,

The release notes => here <= contain on page 21 a range of Ports and protocols used.

Your IT Department or whoever looks after your firewall can utilize this information to open the relevant ports.

The Community search shows => here <= several post's already dealing with firewall issues and if you still struggle please contact your Polycom reseller and raise this with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.