Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Situation is quite strange on my end, and I can't provide much details what is happening.

I have 5 different cases when I'm calling my Employer (with and without firewall turned on - on computer and router side).

Cases (these issues can occur one after the other - one call after the other, or can be repeated during of a period of calls):
  1. when trying to connect, Polycom says "An error occurred during connection" and is shutting down (closing it self).
  2. when trying to connect, Polycom says that the firewall is blocking inbound traffic (even when firewall is turned off)
  3. when connected my voice is transferred to the other end, but the voice from Employer is not transferred to my side
  4. when connected everything works
  5. when trying to connect, I'm waiting and waiting, and waiting for the answer on Employer side (30-60-90 and seconds) without results

This 5 cases can all occur in a period of 15 minutes.

It started to be like that in December, the only thing that has changed on my side is:
  • FLEX update from Adobe
  • Update of Telepresence to 1.0.4

Any help would be appreciated!

Polycom: Telepresence m100 1.0.4.19940_4151
SIP: turned off
NAT: turned off
WebCam: Microsoft LifeCam Cinema
Mic: Plantronics
Win7 64bit and Win8 64bit (same issue on both)
Router: Linksys EA6500
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I still have the same problem, has anybody found a solution to this?  I have opened all of the suggested ports.  I have tried setting the NAT parameters in the m100 POreferences.  Neither have worked.  When I plug my laptop directly into the cable modem, it works fine.  This is not a viable solution, however.  It has to be a router setting, but what am I missing?

HP Recommended

TVO,

What router do you have at home ?  Some routers struggle with H.323 video..   I assume you have tested with my test site..  If so, did you get a session ID ?  I'll look at the trace on it.

Good Luck,

Gary M

HP Recommended

@GaryMiyakawa

thats the issue, even calling on your test service i had two cases one after the other one:

• Connected (Video, no audio, not sure if audio should be there)
  • Blocked by Firewall

These were two calls executed one after the other.

Cheers

HP Recommended

JakubG,

Can you give me the session ID for your calls to the test site ? (it will be in the recent call list or call log and will look like callback15x-xxxxxxx)..   This will let me look at the Sniff trace for each of your calls..   While the problem is most likely in the software, there is a chance it could be in the router as there are some "learning" routers out there...

Cheers,

Gary M

HP Recommended

@GaryMiyakawa

thanks, however callback will not work on my side 😞 you will not be able to call me (+ I've test it, you can't :)).

however today I was trying to connect to you service and it worked just fine. but my eployer  IP address, did not 😕 I'm just loosing my mind on this issue 😞

HP Recommended

The problem may not be your side.   Did you have the other side test with my site ?  Did it work ?

What was your session ID when you called my site ? 

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry, it took me a while to answer, but I was trying to figure out if this is an issue with firewall and router on my side, so I was testing all possible configurations.

I dont know where to look for the session id (my H.323 alias is: 54525239).

however not sure whos issue it is but even with your site I sometimes receive firewall blocking message. But with your test side I have more successful connections then with my employer. But still content sharing is not working at all - I can't see what you are sharing in test dial.

you can see my discussion of the router and polycom here:

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA6500-Polycom-Telepresence-m100-configuration/td...

Recently I even unistalled and installed again polycom, tried different versions too. still have that issue 😞

cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.