Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, if I web to our HDX 6000 and add or remove anything in the Directory I find that the Favorites on the Touch Control starts to do inexplicable things, such as having the Groups disappear for a period, entries disappear, it can also become completely unresponsive for up to 10 minutes, i.e.. push the Favorites button and nothing happens at all.

If I leave it long enough it comes right.

I have only personally tested this one unit, but I have had reports from users using our other units that 'sometimes the favorites are empty' for no obvious reason.

We are running the latest software on the HDX units and the PTCs (1.4.0) but I believe this has been experienced before on earlier firmware, but can't be 100% sure. 

We only use the local Directory on the HDX units, we have no other integration, and there's about 30 entries which are in the Favorites folder or 2-3 Groups.

Has anyone else noticed this sort of thing?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hmm, a lightbulb appeared above my head; it occured to me the ones that seem to be reporting the problem are the ones where the Touch Control is on a different subnet from the HDX. Of course that shouldn't really make a difference, but it does seem that theres a corelation there. I am going to put those Touch Controls on the same VLAN.

HP Recommended

Hi Nostromo.  Keep posting.  I'm sure we'd all be interested in the outcome. Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.