Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Group, was wondering if the touchpad supports OSX 10.6 or higher OS operating system. Currently running Snow Leopard. The touchpad sees my dell windows 7. But does not see my mac for video playback. 

Also have a question the HDX 9001 codec. Am I able to playback QT H.264 files and stream them out in conference calls? 

Below is a screen shot of the metadata of the HD file that I want to use for a test. 

Thank You, 

Mark 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, 

What version of software are you currently running on the PTC? 

Also the HDX 9001 is not a HD system it can only do video conferencing in SD resolutions. Also the highest frame rate that the HDX 9001 could support over DVI or P+C IP is 15 fps. It only could support higher frame rate content using the dual BNC ports for video in. This would be a S-video or composite connection from a VCR or DVD player. So it wasn’t designed to do 720p content like the higher end HDX systems. 

HP Recommended

One additional part that I just tested on my Polycom Touch. The touch version of 1.0.9 and earlier come with P+C IP Mac version 1.0.0.4 witch doesn’t work with Mac OS X 10.6. Now the later versions of PTC software of 1.10 or later have P+C IP Mac version 1.0.1. This version will work with Mac OS X 10. 

HP Recommended

Thank  you Sir for your reply.. Our toch pads are currently running 1.10.0-11.

HP Recommended

Thanks, just did a QT conversion and went into QT timeline output settings and lowered the frame rate to 16fps @ 20Mbps. See how this works on FCP export of QT files to view on the HDX 9001. Going to use the Dell laptop with Windows 7  to conect to the touchpad. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.