Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to figure out how to call an Avaya Lifesize Team 220 endpoint, however I cannot find anywhere in the 8800 to just dial directly to an IP address.  I have the Visual+ package along with the Director camera.

I have registered Line1 as Skype for Busines.  Line2 as our SIP PBX.

Firmware 5.5.4.2255

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After working with a polycom engineer here's how this works...  Note that Phone Support had no clue and told me it wasn't possible.

You need to buy a cloud package calld "RealConnect", which was surprisingly affordable.

https://community.polycom.com/t5/RealConnect-Administrator/How-to-test-your-network-capability-conne...

https://community.polycom.com/t5/RealConnect-Administrator/What-are-the-supported-Video-Endpoints-fo...

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

After working with a polycom engineer here's how this works...  Note that Phone Support had no clue and told me it wasn't possible.

You need to buy a cloud package calld "RealConnect", which was surprisingly affordable.

https://community.polycom.com/t5/RealConnect-Administrator/How-to-test-your-network-capability-conne...

https://community.polycom.com/t5/RealConnect-Administrator/What-are-the-supported-Video-Endpoints-fo...

HP Recommended
This should be fairly simple by ticking the require registration box on the individual line if you have a hybrid registration. Then simply select the Line and you should be able to URL dial

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Line1 is Skype

Line2 is SIP PBX

Neither can create a video call direct to an IP endpoint.  Luckily there is a demo license for the RealConnect service so we can try it with our partner facility before buying.

HP Recommended
Use the suggested setting on a 3rd line

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm not sure what "suggested setting" means.

Note this is a Trio 8800 Skype for Business with Visual+ and Eagle Eye camera

HP Recommended

Oh, you mean the setting you suggested.  I went to the web config and cannot find that setting in the Line3 configure.

Firmware 5.5.4.2255

HP Recommended

Hello @dlevasseur,

As explained if you go to Settings => Line => Line 3 => Server 1 you will find the setting

I am away on holiday for the next weeks so work with whoever you worked before.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

"Require Registration" is not an option for me.  See attached.  "Registration" is set to "YES" but the line does not appear on the unit.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

I am away on holiday for the next weeks so work with whoever you worked before.

As stated set register to no for line 3 and you will be able to URL dial

if not follow this up with support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.