Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear;

We have a client in which we have had some inconvenience in a very peculiar scenario, which I detail below:

Our client has acquired a Group 500 with a SKYPE FOR BUSINNESS license, in order to integrate their equipment into their corporate Skype for Businness system in the cloud, but at the same time also be able to use H.323 calls with terminals that are outside their external network, as they have a very strict policy of restricting ports in their firewalls chose to place it in a network where this codec (Group 500) was configured with a public IP, there were no problems when making calls with H.323 but if you had problems when you wanted to associate this team with a SKYPE FOR BUSINNESS user, this team did not register in the SKYPE server.
To add more information:
• A laptop with the same Public IP was placed and the same SKYPE account of the Group was set up in the SKYPE client and this registry and worked correctly.
• Finally the Group 500 was configured within its LAN and it was not inconvenient to register the SKYPE account in the codec.

My question is if you have had any experience with this particular problem, or if you have information that could be useful because a Skype account does not register when the codec uses a public IP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The equipment was configured within the client's LAN and the port openings were made according to the table below, additionally the NAT was confirmed within the codec as shown in the attached image

Port                -- Description

TCP 80          -- HTTP protocol used for service status.

TCP 1720      -- H.323 Q.931 signaling.

TCP 10001-13000 -- H.323 H.245 signaling.

TCP 5060      -- SIP signaling

TCP 5061      -- Secure SIP signaling.

TCP 15001-16000 -- BFCP protocol for SIP content.

UDP 20002-30001 -- Both H.323 and SIP media.

UDP 1719 -- For H.225 RAS for H.323 signaling.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Sldt,

Thanks for your question. This is an interesting scenario . If I understand your requirement correctly I believe you are looking at using the GS 500 unit for skype for business online calls and H323  on premise calls .    This sort of an arrangement requires a  "dual registration"  i.e.  skype registration and H323 registration .   Dual registration is currently only  with support with Trio and VVX phone with dual registrations in the skype and SIP modes .

As far as your situation with the  Group series 500 is concerned you can either use it in the Skype for business mode  OR   in the  H323 mode.

Hope that answers your question!

HP Recommended

Good afternoon:
I do not want to do a double registration, I just want to know if someone has had any experience "trying to register a GROUP 500 in a SFB server, the GROUP 500 being configured with a Public IP", because I have had problems in carrying out this step.

HP Recommended

Hello @sldt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Apologize for my colleagues reply but he got a few things mixed up.

A GroupSeries (with a valid Skype for Business license) can register to Skype for Business (online or on Premise) and in addition to H.323

A Polycom Trio can hybrid register to one Skype for Business Line and 2 more SIP lines.

No other Polycom VoIP device can at present register to more than one line when using Skype for Business.

So this aside of course a Public IP registered GroupSeries can register to O365 aka Skype for Business online without an issue.

If you have any issues please post the following:

• Some Screenshot showing how you added the credentials
    and/or
  • Some logs

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Steffen Baier
Attached a screenshot with the registration data, it should be noted that this same record from within the LAN and registration without any inconvenience.

HP Recommended

Hello @sldt,

The Video FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 10,2017 Question: Can I remotely take a Wireshark capture from a RealPresence GroupSeries?

Answer: Since Software Version 4.1.1 you can follow this tech tip => here <=

I suggest you do this and check what different ports are being used.

If this all fails we do have a support organisation that your reseller can open a ticket for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The equipment was configured within the client's LAN and the port openings were made according to the table below, additionally the NAT was confirmed within the codec as shown in the attached image

Port                -- Description

TCP 80          -- HTTP protocol used for service status.

TCP 1720      -- H.323 Q.931 signaling.

TCP 10001-13000 -- H.323 H.245 signaling.

TCP 5060      -- SIP signaling

TCP 5061      -- Secure SIP signaling.

TCP 15001-16000 -- BFCP protocol for SIP content.

UDP 20002-30001 -- Both H.323 and SIP media.

UDP 1719 -- For H.225 RAS for H.323 signaling.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.