Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Turning Off Poly Studio X50, Advisable?

deh
Occasional Visitor

Turning Off Poly Studio X50, Advisable?

Hi, 

Is it advisable to turn off the Poly Studio X50 and TC8 while not in use (by unplugging the power cable and the ethernet for the TC8)? The room where it is set up can get a little more than warm when not in use. I worry that it might break the device.

What's the tolerable environment temperature when the devices are not in use?

Thanks

H. E. Dani

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Turning Off Poly Studio X50, Advisable?

Hello @deh ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Usually, the environmental specification are listed in the data sheet >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Long Hoang
Advisor

Re: Turning Off Poly Studio X50, Advisable?

Hi,

As a user, i recommend powering off the device when not in use.

1. Avoid electrical problems.

2. Avoid system freeze, mini bug when in use long time.

Message 3 of 3