Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Group Series 300.  Currently at Release - 4.1.1-60400.

I've upgraded several other Group Series at my company via the USB method as it is faster and generally more reliable than having the unit update via the polycom server.  

On this unit alone, it fails with an update error data-template.tar.gz whether I attempt to upgrade to 4.15, 4.2 or 4.3.  It also fails on the direct method of the Group Series downloading from the Polycom server.  Besides, I was advised by Polycom to update this unit incrementally from 4 to 6

I have a ticket in with support already, but I've travelled to this remote office specifically to update this unit - and it's a great disappointment that the unit might be defective. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did not specify all the versions you are attempting but this message is from the web page for the GS software:

If you are manually upgrading the RealPresence Group Series system using the system web interface and the current software version is lower than 6.2.0.2, first upgrade to 6.2.0.2 and then upgrade to 6.2.1.2.

Could that be some of your issues?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was going the approved path very incrementally.  In the end - support determined the unit was defective and sent a replacement.  The replacement was at version 5 and I performed about 2 USB updates that were flawless and now all of my units are running the latest and greatest. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.