Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a Studio X50 and when it is setup from scratch everything works fine however there are times and the unit tends to stick like this that the unit will not join Teams calls as shown in the image I have uploaded.

Has anyone seen any messages like this please?

Regards

Simon

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Simon,

a bit more info would be appreciated. Which software version is installed? As we can see, you use Poly Mode, right? With RealConnect for joining Teams? Give us more info about your enviroment, else it is a look into a glas ball.

HP Recommended

Hi mshu,

Apologies for being a bit vague as I the  unit is in a different office. 

I was at this unit a couple of weeks ago and the Poly firmware was 3.3.2-286154. I see there is a further update of 3.4.0 but it does say not to use this firmware if in Teams mode which this X50 is in. 

What further info would you like please?

Regards

Simon

HP Recommended

Hello @Simon  ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

As already noted by @mshu1  the unit, based on the attached screenshot, is not in Microsoft Teams mode. 

I would suggest you get this into our support organization as we may need a network trace and look at the logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @ Simon,

as Steffen said, you are not in Teams mode, so you won´t be able to access any Teams meeting. If you run Poly mode (H.323/SIP) you will need a interop service like Poly RealConnect for example to bring in your device into the Teams world, because Microsoft Teams does not support H.323/SIP.

If you only use Teams for conferencing, switch the mode to Teams and you are intergrated to Teams directly. Ask you admins for support or for further info. 

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I must apologise as I didn't notice it was in Poly mode and not in Teams mode. I wish people would stop playing around with settings. 

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I do feel quite embarrassed. It is a Monday 🙂

Cheers

Simon

HP Recommended

Has there been any resolution on this topic? We recently forwarded a meeting (external source) to the Teams account that is associated with the X50 and even though the meeting is running, there is no option to join the meeting.

HP Recommended

Hello @DenverTyler ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If you read the last comment before your new reply you would see the original posters unit was not in Teams mode.

For your issue please check your mailbox settings that it allows forwarded meetings. It's not an issue with the Studio X

Our partner Microsoft can assist if you struggle with these Microsoft related issues.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.