Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I´m new with VC and I´m facing an issue with our VC units and I hope someone can help me to identify the root cause and also find a solution. I´ll try to explain the whole scenario.

We have a Polycom HDX 7000 and HDX 8000 and we used to use an ADSL connection to make video calls, this ADSL connection was set with Static IP Address in the Modem D-link DSL-500B Generation II and both VC were working fine, but for some reason this modem burned out and stopped to work. So, I opened a ticket with the ISP and they replaced the modem for a D-Link DSL-500B, but when I did a test with the VC I got the message: “Your call could not be completed because the call was routed through an intermediate network that does not service the far site. Contact your network administrator for assistance”.

I called to the ISP to explain what was happening and I discovered that they changed the service. Instead of having the Static IP address configured in our side our modem, it is configured on their side, so I opened a request to revert this change, but I know that everything from this ISP takes a while and that´s why I´m here trying to find a solution.

I did some changes in the configuration of modem and also in our VC, and when I try to call a far side I´m able to connect on it, but the far side cannot see or hear me and I cannot hear or see the far side as well,  I got a Black Screen. 

I checked some posts about this issue and I know that maybe it’s a firewall configuration, but I don´t know if I´m doing something wrong, please take a look on the pictures below.

Thanks, 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Capim, 

I would enable the fixed ports on the HDX under the firewall settings. You should also set the NAT to auto or manual to reflex your public WAN address. 

HP Recommended

Hi Russell!

I´ll make this change and I let you know. 

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

Hi Russell!

Sorry for delay on my response, our meeting room were busy.

I´ve changed the settings as you suggested, but I still get a black screen and we cannot see or hear each other.

Please take a look on the pictures, it shows the configuration.  

Thanks,  

HP Recommended

I would clean up the rules you have set in your Dlink. Keep the 1720 TCP but let changes some of the other ports to do ranges. So make a rule that is TCP for both the external/internal port start  3230 and port end 3243. For UDP do external/internal port start 3230 and port end  3341. If it will not let you create a new rule with these ranges you might have to remove most the rules your already have setup. 

HP Recommended

Hi Russell,

I´ve cleaned up the firewall rules and I also created a new rules as you said and now the far side is able to see and hear me, but I´m not able to see and hear the far side.

Please take a look on the picture which shows the new rule on D-link.

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

Hi Russell,

I did a downgrade of D-link’s firmware and the problem was solved, now I can see and hear the far side.

I guess there were something wrong with the current D-link firmware which were blocking the video and sound coming from the far side.

Thank you very much for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.