Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello and Good Day for all,

I'm a new member in this community, actually i have a problem with our realpresence 500

I Have my account registered and for audio calls it's working fine.

but for video calls it give messages as "the person which you want to contact is available", or it take to the voicemail and from time to time it gives me errors as it is shown in the joined images.

So the issue with video calls and i dont know why, the equipment is linked directly to the router without a firewall

I will appreciate your help 

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Helmi,

so you try to reach a Teams-client with your SfB-connected GS500, right? Well, at this point it is normal that you have an audio-only call. SfB is not "video-compatible" with Teams because the MSFT gateway which "cascades" the SfB call with the Teams call at that moment, does not support video. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the replay,

so there is no way to overtake this issue 😞 

I'm thinking may be to go with polycom realpresence desktop for my external users, but i dont know how much it cost and or it is free since we have GS500 

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello @Helmi 

utilizing RealPResenceDesktop would usually mean to also add an additional service like a DMA etc.

I suggest you contact a Poly reseller and see what different options we offer for your needs. There are free services for your existing GroupSeries to get video calls into Teams until the end of June.

The reseller can explain the pricing after June 2020to ensure the investment made into the Poly equipment is secured.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Might be a chance to roll out some RP Desktops for external users, but important question is how many externals are in a call with the GS500. The limit is a 6-way conference in SD quality and therefore you´ll need a multipoint option/license on your GS500. So you have costs around 80€ per RPD and eventually on top, the MP license for your GS500. And in addation, depends on your infrastructure/network, you might need DMA, etc.

Another chance, as Steffen already said, is the Poly RealConnect service. This is a cloud based service that offers Teams calls for "legacy" devices with SIP or H.332 for example. 

You should contact a certified Reseller to answer all your questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.