Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Guys,

Managed to successfully rest the system using the diagnostics menu with the remote control.

Seems I was looking in the wrong place and trying to access the "admin settings" menu rather than the diagnostics menu.

I just had to put in the serial number of the uit and it successfully rest back to factory default. We now have a functioning unit that we can configure for our own use.

Thanks very much for all the suggestions and help.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Congratulations!

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have the same problem, but when I've tried to access to the diagnostics menu - QDX to request room password, but it is not the serial number. Can we reset the password? Thanks

HP Recommended

I have just same problem and any ways such as Telnet and serial cable access require admin login.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.