Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I know that VSX 7000 are end-of-life, but I have been asked to revive one to offer a one time service to a VIP user.

Our VSX 7000 has never been connected to Internet before, only to ISDN, and I performed the modifications to make it reachable from WAN.

I would like to update it to the last firmware release version available (V9.0.6.2), to improve security and interopability. It's using this release : Release 8.0 - 27Jul2005. 

Is updating from the lastest "SoftupdateVSXSeries.exe" is safe ? 

WIll I encounter licensing issue ? 

I have a license key, enabling Multipoint and Additonal Display. People+Content IP is disabled.

Any advise about how to perform the update and any risk involved will be grealty appreciated. I don't want to break it, as it the only one I have in stock, and the videoconference scheduled is very important.

Thanks,

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I read a lot of post on this forum before try anything.

I finaly take the courage to try (after I retrieve the remote control).

I put first 8.7, Then 9.0.6: everything worked perfectly using SoftupdateVSXSeries.exe, standard option.

My terminal had ftp enabled and security disabled. 

It is now up-to-date: 

_Config and directory still unchanged

_No more packets losts when calling Polycom RealPresence (Windows/Release - 3.0.0.38914) via LAN

_AES during call is now enable

This look good.

I wanted to report that it's worked, and I just needed more confident in the upgrade software 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have been able to retrieve upgrade key code for version 8.7 and 9.0. 

But I saw a lot a upgrade issue described in this forum, so I would prefer to have advise before test it.

Plus, I don't have the remote control arround, so if I stuck it, i won't be able to reset it to factory default.

HP Recommended

I read a lot of post on this forum before try anything.

I finaly take the courage to try (after I retrieve the remote control).

I put first 8.7, Then 9.0.6: everything worked perfectly using SoftupdateVSXSeries.exe, standard option.

My terminal had ftp enabled and security disabled. 

It is now up-to-date: 

_Config and directory still unchanged

_No more packets losts when calling Polycom RealPresence (Windows/Release - 3.0.0.38914) via LAN

_AES during call is now enable

This look good.

I wanted to report that it's worked, and I just needed more confident in the upgrade software 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.