Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I just updated one of our off-site Polycom units via the LAN to the latest software. It went through the process, and after applying the update it's now asking me to sign in. It's no longer recognising my username and password however, nor the default of  admin/serial.

Is there another username/password I should be trying? Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What firmware version did you upgrade from?  Are you trying to access through the web interface or directly from the codec? Also, remember that the default password (serial number) is still case sensitive.  Be sure to use caps on the alpha characters.  

HP Recommended

Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this but it seems not!

It was from 2.0.31 I believe.

I just got someone to physically look at the unit and it was sitting at the "being upgraded, please wait" black screen - how long should this take? It was a good four hours there!

HP Recommended

That is def not  a good sign.  A typical upgrade should only take around 30 minutes or so from start to finish.  There may be something wrong with the codec.  If it has been on the same screen with no progress for the last four hours then it will not complete.  The only option here is to unplug the codec and power it back up.  BE WARNED!!!  You can do this but it is possible to permantly damage the codec.  If you decide to unplug the codec to stop the update process I would check the serial number to make sure that it is covered as you might have to RMA the unit.  If you give me the serial number from the unit in question I can check and see if it is covered for Advanced Replacement.

HP Recommended

As an update, I got someone to hold down the power button on the codec to force it off. Turned it back on and it seems fine, however didn't update. Not sure what went wrong =-(

HP Recommended

Hi Eambo, S/w update from V2.0.x all the way to V3.0.x is a long way to go.

Try upgrading to V2.5.x or V2.6.x 1st, then upgrade again to V3.0.4.  As Chris(?) says, it shouldn't take more than 30 mins per upgrade start to finish.  It's an HDX4000 so no issues with default screen output modes (component) like you get sometinmes with the other HDXs.

Pete

HP Recommended

Agreed.  That is a big jump in firmware.  Definitely stair step through the upgrades.  It may take longer because you are doing multiple firmware upgrades, but, it will save you a big headache in the long run.  Don't forget to back up your profile and directory before performing any upgrade.

HP Recommended

Hi guys, just wanted to follow up.

Tried uploading in steps (2.0 --> 2.6 --> 3.0) and it worked great 🙂 Thank you guys for your advice!

HP Recommended

Pleased to hear you have your HDX4k back. THX CC et al.

HP Recommended

Great news!  Glad we could help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.