Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Upgrading HDX 4000HD from 2.6.1 to 3.1.5

Alex Johnson
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading HDX 4000HD from 2.6.1 to 3.1.5

HI,

I was wondering if anyone could assist with a problem i have.

I have an HDX 4000HD which i cannot manage to upgrade. I get the following message  -  2014/11/11 20:11:02 Softupdate completed: Failure - new version could not be validated. expected version was [Release-3.1.5-5568] but EP reports [Release-2.6.1-5159].

Anything obvious things i should check. I have tried to search the forum but i could not find anything

On a secondary note - I have the licence key etc and have checked on the website to make sure it is correct. I have also tried this through CMA as well as via the web gui

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Alex

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

Re: Upgrading HDX 4000HD from 2.6.1 to 3.1.5

You might try going to 3.0.x and then jump to 3.1.5....

Gary M

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 2 of 6
Alex Johnson
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately i have tried this and still no luck, any other ideas?

Message 3 of 6
GaryMiyakawa
Respected Contributor

I'm assuming you have done a Factory reset (Paper clip) on the box first ?

Wanna' Test your H.323 System? (71.14.2.157 or 71.14.2.158)
cb157.miyakawa.us and cb158.miyakawa.us
www.miyakawa.us
www.codecsidekick.com
Message 4 of 6
Alex Johnson
Occasional Contributor

No i have not. The device is out on an offshore platform so not had the chance to do this. I could get it done if need be but was hoping this would not be required due the logistics.

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order to determine the root cause we would need to check the logs.

Please raise this via your Polycom reseller so they can provide the logs to our support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 6 of 6