Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Use the second screen on G310 with the license from Trio 8800

Highlighted
Advisor

Use the second screen on G310 with the license from Trio 8800

Dear,

we are currently planning the implementation of the Polycom Infrastructure in combination with SFB.

Our idea is the following:

- Use Trio 8800 as a base unit in every meeting room

- Group 310 as the "connection" point

- EED as camera system

My question is, since the G310 comes by default with 1 licensed HDMI for external screens, do we have an additonal license when we use the Trio 8800 with it?

Our distributor in the US says, we can use the license from the Trio 8800 to use the second output in the G310. Our distributor in Germany that we need to license it addtional or go for a G500.

What is the truth?

Kind regards

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Use the second screen on G310 with the license from Trio 8800

Hello @Proxy00,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Using a Polycom Trio running UC Software 5.7.2 and a Polycom RealPresence GroupSeries 310 running software 6.1.9 will at present not require any additional licenses.

The GroupSeries will run as a VisualPro in this scenario.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Advisor

Hey Steffen,

thanks for your quick reply and the PDF.

The connection between the Group Series and the Trio is no problem we did it already with the G500 and everything is working fine.

But when I do buy a Trio and connect it to a G310 do I then have a license to use the second output from the G310? I need to license the second HDMI output on the G310 and one distributor said I can use the license from the Trio the other one said I need to buy one.

Kind regards

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Proxy00,

Licenses are not needed if using the GroupSeries 310 as VisualPro at present. Future Versions or Software Solutions may require licenses for certain features.

The 2nd HDMI will enable automatically in this scenario. If it is converted back to a GroupSeries the 2nd HDMI Port would require a license.

In the near future you can purchase a VisualPro which cannot be converted back into a GroupSeries 310.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Moderator

If you are attempting to use the 310 paired to the Trio, then the dual monitor is part of the 310 when you activate the VisualPro software instead of the GS software.

Your GS 310, or 500, must be at hardware version 20 or better to use the system as a VisualPro device.

Message 5 of 5