Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We sold an existing customer an adpater to take an HDMI signal in to teh DVI-I input 4 on his HDX9000.

When he connects the camera, a message flashes on teh screebn, telling him he needs to adjust teh scan rate. I had him make sure he was at 720P/30(he also tried all other rates teh camera had) and it stil gives him the same error.

Should this work?

What can I look at to solve this?

Andy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

On the HDX 9004 the only acceptable input for both cam 4 and cam 5 are VGA or DVI. If the signal coming in is not DVI but is HDMI the camera will not be detected.  Make sure cam 4 is set as a "People" source. Video sources set as "Content" are sent at a higher resolution and lower frame rate, if you use this setting for PC input the Maximum resolution is 1280x1050

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.